about me
recent entries
archives
links Anya's books

I've always been a voracious reader. When I was a child my mom used to bring me to the library and I would pick out (literally) stacks of books to take home. I would never leave any of them unread. I carried the habit into adulthood, although my time to read is more limited now because I'm writing.

I realized this morning that, while I do read in the genre I write in, I go through these huge, long spurts of reading fantasy, horror and general fiction. I guess maybe it's because when I'm reading romance I sort feel like I'm working, like I should be really paying attention in reference to my own writing. It prevents me from just relaxing and enjoying the story. Reading outside my genre is like taking a vacation.

If you're a writer, do you read outside the genre you write in? If you're not a writer, what genres do you usually favor? Do you go through spurts reading one genre over another?

Just wondering.

posted by Anya Bast, 5:10 AM
Comments:
I write fantasy, but tend to read horror. Very handsome blog, Anya!
commented by Blogger Tommy and Jennifer, 1:57 PM  
I read mostly in the genre I'm writing in but sometimes do go outside. The Harry Potter books have been recent non romance reads LOL.

Lany
commented by Blogger Melany, 10:25 AM  

Add a comment



divider